We create joy
Creating joy is our mission. We generate funds in a way that prevents risks associated with gaming.
Gaming legislation defines the limits of our operations. However, genuine responsibility emerges from the actions we take and the choices we make in our work every day.
As Veikkaus’ employees, we do significant and rewarding work for the common good, complying with the following principles:
We generate joy to all Finns
Veikkaus’ mission is to generate funds by offering games in order to secure the sustainable activities of our beneficiaries.
The joy created by the beneficiaries – Finnish arts, sports, science, and youth work – with the help of Veikkaus funds reaches all Finns.
We want Veikkaus funds to be distrubted in a responsible and cost-efficient way, respecting consumer protection. Veikkaus is Europe’s most efficient gaming company.
We are worth the trust
Finns can play our games safely, since we make use of several systems of monitoring and control in our operations, and our information security has been certified.
Our responsibility actions have been verified by an external body, and they adhere to the standards of the European Lotteries (EL) and the World Lottery Association (WLA).
Our gaming operations are monitored very closely. The rules of the games, the results and prize distribution are approved by state authorities. Further, our customers have the chance to seek help with the authorities in matters concerning ambiguities in prize payout.
We design our games ethically
We carry out a responsibility evaluation of all new game ideas and service reforms as part of our product development process. Our objective is to combine creativity with responsibility in a way that our customers find interesting.
Our mission is to provide interesting and responsible games to ensure that Finns will pick the Finnish gaming option.
We sell our games responsibly
- Veikkaus’ marketing is based on the promotion of responsible gaming. This means, for example, that we avoid advertising that glorifies gaming.
- In our marketing, we do not glorify excessive gaming or give misleading information about our customers’ real odds of winning.
- Our advertisements do not suggest that gaming would be completely without risks. Nor do we suggest that gaming could be an alternative to working or a solution to financial problems.
- We do not target our marketing communications at minors, nor do we sell our games to people under 18. We make sure that the age limit is clearly visible and that the means to control one’s gaming are communicated in all our sales channels.
- In our marketing, we strictly follow our Guidelines for Ethical Marketing.
We foster the joy of gaming
- We offer our customers knowledge and tools for gaming control in order to preserve the joy of gaming.
- We take action to fight crime (e.g. money laundering) and fraud in gaming.
- We finance Peluuri, the Finnish helpline for problem gamblers and their families and friends.
- The Finnish gaming companies finance research into Finnish gaming and gaming detriments, which is carried out by the Ministry of Social Affairs and Health, as laid down by law.
We respect the environment in our operations
- We recognize the environmental impacts of our operations and aim to reduce them.
- We are continuously taking new steps to set environmental objectives and to realize them in practice.
We work together for joy
- We work in open cooperation with all of our stakeholders, engaging in dialogue and listening to them, including our customers, retailers and game sales clerks, beneficiaries, decision makers, the authorities, the media, and partners in cooperation.
- For us employees, Veikkaus offers an interesting and meaningful workplace where we can be creative and develop our skills and knowledge.
- Our joint mission is to make sure that all our choices and everything we do serve the common good in a responsible, reliable, and creative way.